Earth Hour Singapore

After posting an entry to signify the importance of saving our Mother Earth, I happen to surf around and found that Singapore actually tried to do their part in promoting awareness during Earth Hour. I am both surprise and trill by the fact that Singaporeans have slowly emerged in playing a part to show the world that we do care for our planet Earth.

However, there are some pictures that do disappoint me. For example the events that is going on Esplanade. It is suppose to be Earth Hours, we are trying to cut down on the amount of electricity used. But, there is an concert going on in Esplanade!? I can't believe my eyes when I saw those pictures. Furthermore, I came across this video whereby Singapore try to light an array of candles to show that Singapore care for th earth. The thought is sweet, BUT look at the amount of trash they made. If one observe carefullly, you can see that the wax are dripping all over the floor in the middle fo the road. The next thing you know, after the event, the cleaners are going to have a hard time clean up the place especially it is in a middle of the cycling track. Earth hour is to conserve engery and reduce all types of trash to help save our mother Earth. All this actions seems to me like people are more enjoying because of the events rather than saving Earth.

Unbelieveable !!
0 Responses