Movie Review: Knowing

Ever wonder whether our life is govern by determinism or pure randomize? Whether the result of our action is pre-determine by fate/numbers or just a accident of evolution cycle? Well, that is the movie: Knowing about.



For people who have yet to watch this movie, please do not continue down this section any further as it will just spoil all your expectation after watching the trailer.
_____________________________________________________________________


Out of 5 star rating, I would rate this movie 3. The overall plot for this movie is above average expect for the ending where I kinda of feel that it is a rather disappointing ending. Why on earth would alien come to pick up 2 children to go to a nice beautiful planet with a huge golden tree. Seriously, this ending straight away reminds me of the the beginning of adam and eve story in the bible where Adam and Eve live in a garden of paradise where a tree of knowledge there in the middle of everything. Furthermore, if anyone is look for a happy ending movie. Don't watch this movie, either, because everyone single living creatures on earth just died from the horrible horrible supernova. This again brought my attention to the bible again where it noted in it that we, humans, will not be wiped from a flood disaster, but rather from fire. I would have to comment the producer that the movie concept of the human race being wipe from fire (the supernova from the sun) was really good. But the best scenes in the movie, I would give it the part where the train crash in the subway and the part whereby the plane came crashing down beside the highway. I would say it gave me quite a good shocked. I mean: wow, who would have though that the main character would be staying there, witnessing the whole event and even alive from all these predicted futures. In summery, I would say I like the movie. But it would be better, if they could change the ending. I am not really looking at a nice perfect good ending. But rather, if they wish to end the movie with the children going to paradise, I would rather the movie end with cage dying together with his family embracing together.

~~~ FIN ~~
0 Responses