12/ 9 /2004 Night Cycling Trip with NUS

*Pant**Pant*...man, it's sure is tired after the night cycling trip. I guess it may be due to the fact that I have not been cycling for quite a while. I could feel that my leg muscles have been stretched to the maximum. This could only mean one thing, I have been slacking for too long. I guess it is about time to head back to a much healther lifestyle.

I would usually comment that night cycling trip is fun. However, this trip, itself for some reasons, it seems to be missing the fun factors. Well, this night cycling trip was planned by one of the NUS communittee group. It was suppose to be a food feast night cycling trip. Since Minglong got to work, I headed down to East Coast Park with Alex to meet up with Ruixin and Dingling. From then on, we were allocated a group. Too bad brother, Jess is not there at that moment.

One main reason that I commented that the trip was not that fun was because most of the people got knock out before half the trip was done. And to think I alway have the mindset that University student should have the stamina to last throughout the night. Well, I pretty sure most people heard about the Hall life our Singapore University has and their activities. But what I witness tonight was really different from what I have heard.

Well anyway, the group stop over at Kallang Airport to eat some seafood. I was pretty surprise myself that the staff that sells seafood was still around. It has been like more than 10 years since I have return back there. This really brought back quite alot of memories. But memories are still memories, most of the stall owners have changed liao. This make me feel kind of sad ... ... Thought like this just rushed into my head telling me that it is all the past. This just made me realised that times really fly fast.

Alright, back to the trip, after kallang airpot, we head down to Leisure Park and then went down to Esplande to chit chat by the sea. That's when 2 men went down. After a group voting, everyone decided that we should still go on, it is still too early to quit. So the next stop, it is head down to Orchard Road. Serious, I barely even realised I was cycling in Orchard Road at that point in time. Why? Well that is because everyone is like rushing for time. Arhhh...before i knew it. I was sitting at Kopitam taking a break. It was just way too fast liao, I didn't even feel like I've tour Orchard road at night. It was at this point in time, half the group decided to head back to East Coast Park and called it night. Despite of the setback, the remaining people: Ruixin, Dingling, Alex and Me wished to continue on and finished up the cycling trip. But the rest of the group decided to wait for assistant which was a lorry to fetch them back to East Coast Park.

I would comment that This was one of those pretty sad cycling trip. One: There was no enjoyment mostly throughtout the trip. Two: We rest more than we cycled. Three: Half the group called for help to fetch them back instead of cycling back. Oh well, I can't grumble too much anyway.
0 Responses