17 / 2 / 2005: Perth Perth Perth

Hey Hey Hey, People anyone miss me?

Hahaha ... ... even if you do, well I can only tell you grab an air ticket and fly over to Perth. Why? Well because I’m currently in Perth studying now, hoho. Well, I’ll start on the day before I flew over here.

12 02 2005(The fateful Day):

First, I got to thanks those who sent me to the airport. It’s really nice of you people to like send me there. Although, I think its pretty troublesome for you all as you all got to stay up the night just to sent me off. Furthermore, I only just like say bye bye to you all only. I really feel so bad but all I can now is thanks you all.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Farewell Party at Singapore Changi Airport

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The Gang

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Last wack up before I left for Perth

The flight to Perth took me approximately 5 hrs and it’s not all that comfortable either. Although I was like sitting SQ (Singapore Airline), still I find the seat like too crampy and they serve me a big cold chicken sandwich for supper (by the way its like 2.30am). I hardly manage to catch a wink before the steward were like serving breakfast already. Oh my goodness and guess what is it, well its noodle early in the morning 3.30 am. That one exhausting night combine with morning for me. I arrived in Perth at about 5.30am. I could only say I'm pretty much like a walking zombie myself when I got off the plane.

Man now I know that we should appreciate Duty free in Singapore airport, it’s so much cheaper over there as compare to the duty free here. Anyway that’s not the main point, next after I like did all my stamping here and that and collected my luggage. I have to go through a quarantine to verify that I didn't bring any food. Wow the queue is like super long.

I keep having the impression that I can't bring any food into Australia. And what’s that about cannot bring food into the country. Geesh, that's all a myth. Apparently, I saw some Singaporean bought Maggie noodles. Man. I should serious bring some instant noodle. And trust me the Maggie noodle here is Australia like so bad I hardly can taste any taste and worse it’s so expensive. But also consider that it is the cheapest form of food in Australia unless u decide to eat fish and chips the whole of your life here but still its like the cheapest fish and chips I try is still $5 ++ in Singapore dollars.

After what suppose to be a 20 min ride from the airport to the student village, I finally reached my hostel. That’s like 8.30am in the morning, well after some paper works they like bought me over to this flat: 78. That will be where I stay in the village.

If you want like my address its like:
TAN XINRUI
FLAT NO: 78 RM: 1
STUDENT VILLAGE
MURDOCH UNIVERISTY PO BOX 1055
CANNING VALE WA 6970 AUSTRALIA

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My first sight before I reach my room.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Close up on the cute bunny

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Flat 78 Room 1 Student Village in Murdoch

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Me and my room

Currently 2 Australians and 1 Americans are occupying the flat, and it’s like an all girls flat. Hoho sounds like Love Hina right, where this guy went to this all girls flat without having any knowledge of it. Haha but I didn’t see my Naru here haha. After, I dump all my stuff in the room, I head straight down to Perth city to do some sight seeing and shopping. I was like waiting for a bus to come by for like an hour and I don’t see any in sight. Until I ask someone what time do I have to wait normally for a bus to come by? And lo and behold he has to tell me the bus doesn’t come by the school on sat and sun. That’s really sweet. Next I try to wait for a taxi but I end up waiting for like half and hour until someone come-by and tell me I have to call a taxi for one to come. That’s horrible. Arrhhh…after like 15 min I manage to get up on the taxi and finally on my way to the city. And wow trust me the fees from my school to the city is like aus$56 wee and talking about cheap taxi they have here. Well did some sightseeing in the city not really got many places like to walk around. The city is actually kind of small I find but still from streets to streets still take around 10 min to get about. And by the way if you think of shopping here then you can forget it. The shops close here like around 5pm, and after like around 6pm I went back to the hostel. But I was like so exhausted and just went to bed around 7pm.

13 02 2005

Ouch or wow the sunrise here is sure early man. It’s like around 6am and the first ray of light awaked me from my sleep. But I sort of laze around until 9am, then I got up. Hey guess what I can see birds flying just outside my window. They like just outside my window feeding on some nectar, quite a nice sight.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Birds outside my room

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Another Bird that woke me up from bed

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
A colourful parrot

At around 10 am, I head down to school to do setup my bank account. It was there where I saw some student leaders (GL in poly terms), chat with them abit about the school. After opening an account at bank west (the interest rates here is super high, their term deposit only 3 mths and 5.25% interest rate cools huh), they have a free tour around Fremantle. It’s a 10 min bus drive from the school to there. That area is actually a beach, there like the nice sea breeze blowing on your face. And the weather is like 30+ degrees, so a nice cold sea breeze really works out well. They have a wet market here but still the stuff is super expensive. After a short tour, I conclude that area is only good for the sea. Haha

14 02 2005

It's Monday morning today, the orientation offically starts today too. Got down to school like 8.30am, meet some people from Singapore, Sabah, HongKong and etc. The directors give a short speech and we are off and away to view the campus. After a short tour around the school, wee its free tour to Garden City again. There I got a prepaid card optus line you people can give me a call if you all want, the number is: 0422797815. And it's valentine time day today. I only came to realize it when someone sent me a valentine sms haha. But until now I still trying to figure out who was it but anyway that’s not the main point.

15 02 2005

I went down to do my enrolment in school today, sure got lots of stuff to find up. The whole process took like 2 hr, the queue is like super long. And to add matter worse, the weather over in Perth its like 41 degrees today. Arrhh the sun here is so horrible. Just a minute under the sun and you can really feel your skin burning and you think that Singapore is hot man. Worse you can hardly perspire here which I still trying to figure out why? Well I spent almost the whole afternoon lazing in the room after mine enrolment, my flat mates invite me over to the beach for a swim. Too bad couldn’t make it. Cause I got an international dinner over at the tavern. Sad, why? I heard from Lindsay that she saw a dolphin when she was swimming in the waters. Ooohh man I should have gone down to the beach. But still the dinner was quite fun. Quite a number of Singaporeans I met there. Hahah we chat about the good old homeland. And met some Japanese, have quite some communication problem with the language still we still chat.

16 02 2005

Well went down to the library to top up the Internet quotes. Apparently I forget to top it up that the reasons why I can’t get into the net. Hahahha well I think I will go surf the web tonite after I get my shopping done.
0 Responses