28 / 9 / 2004: Mooncake Festival

Wow . . . time sure flies.

Today, I was out training with Alex. We saw alot of families playing with candles and lantern today. It dawn to us that it was lantern festival today. This sure brought back lots of past memories. I recall that my parent used to bring me out for to attend this festival. I can still remember that there was this time where my dad told me not to play with the candles as the police was like scouting around looking for people that may be fire starter. Well, clearly I ignore that kind advice. I went ahead to play with candles. How could I resist where everyone I see was playing with it. So I just went ahead with it and there was this drunk uncle was just enjoying looking at me at work. Then this uncle start telling me, this should what a moon cake festival should be like as it reminds him of the past. On hearing this compliment, I continue. Suddenly, this police officer was stand in front of me. I knew it that it I am doom. Well, being a child at that time, I was pretty much scare out of my pants. He question me what am I doing and why am I even lighting the candles here. He took down my name and where I stay. Then he left. After the police officer left, the drunk uncle asked me why don't I said that it was his idea to light the candle not mine. Well, I just told him never mind lar. It my responsibility then. Gessh, this sure bring back lots of memories.

Back to the present, the moon sure shines quite brightly as what the new has reported. The sight was still pretty stunning. Young kids and parents were like walking with latern around. Furthermore, even the teenages are also enjoying themselve. Everyone was walking around with laterns, eating cakes, screaming here and there, play games, taking photos. Ohh man watching them, sure makes me feel like my youth day is so far away from me. It really has been ages since i last saw people enjoying themselve and I could seriously feel feel the happy mood lingering in the air. The last time I felt that kind of mood was during the previous trip to Hongkong. Man, just thinking of it just make me can't wait until December arrive. THen I can go to enjoy Hongkong again to enjoy myself. Well ... Hong Kong Wait for me hehe
0 Responses